Boulder Knoll Montessori strives to meet the needs of children and families, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or family structure.
The Admissions Process
- Call or email Boulder Knoll to set up an observation and meeting with the director. It is recommended that parents/guardians come without their child to this visit, to enable thoughtful observation and distraction free conversation with the director. (Do not wait until the spring of the year you wish to enroll your child, as we will possibly be full.)
- Complete and submit an application for admission. There is no cost to apply. Apply early. This can be helpful in securing an opening at Boulder Knoll.
- If possible, visit our fall open house. The open house gives parents and guardians an opportunity to visit the school with their child, explore the classroom and environs, and meet with staff and current parents.
- Re-enrollment for current children occurs annually during the month of January. In February, the director will make decisions about openings and admissions. New families will be notified at this time if there is a spot for their child for the coming school year.
- A wait list will be maintained for interested families.
Our Admission Policy
Boulder Knoll Montessori aims to build a classroom community with a balance of children of ages, 3, 4 and 5, and, as much as possible, with a gender balance as well. No more than 20 children may attend Boulder Knoll on any given day. Children admitted in September must be 3 years old by December 31st of the year admitted.
The Director makes discretionary decisions regarding admission, taking into consideration many factors, including, but not limited to:
1. Sibling preference
2. Date of original application
3. Age and gender of child
4. Full time children MAY be given preference over part time children, as are families committed to a three year cycle at Boulder Knoll.
A waiting list will be maintained when our enrollment is full. If/when openings become available, it is up to the discretion of the Director to make decisions regarding admissions.
Annual tuition rates for 2018-19 are:
Five full days (required for kindergarten; recommended for all) $11,200.00.
Four full days (required for four year olds) $10,350.00
Three full days (option for three year olds only) $9,500.00
Before care is offered from 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. for $5.00 a day.
We offer many payment plans to help make Boulder Knoll’s tuition manageable, including one time full payment for a 2% discount, ten monthly installments, or twelve monthly installments.