Boulder Knoll Montessori has a small team of dedicated teachers, who work together closely and are dedicated to providing a warm and inviting atmosphere for our families.
Assistant Teacher Position Beginning Fall 2019
Boulder Knoll Montessori School in Cheshire, CT has one opening for a full time early childhood classroom assistant teacher, starting in mid-August, 2019.
Assistant teacher is responsible for:
- Preparation of materials for early childhood Montessori classroom, under the direction of classroom teachers, and daily maintenance of supplies and materials.
- Supervision, guidance and support of class of 20 children.
- Supervision of quiet time/nap room daily.
- Light cleaning throughout the day.
- Playground supervision.
- Professional interaction with parents and prospective families.
- Maintenance of non-academic student records, under supervision of director.
- Hours: Monday- Friday, 8a.m.-4p.m. for the academic year. Paid school vacations, sick days and personal days.
- Minimum associates degree in early childhood education or related area
- Experience working with young children.
- Calm, patient demeanor, positive attitude, joyful outlook, sense of humor
- Ability to work collaboratively with teachers in a small setting.
- Interest in Montessori education and nature based early childhood education.
- Openness to and interest in Montessori training.
- Willingness to be outside in any weather.
- Fluency in English language
Salary commensurate with education, experience and skills.
Send resume, cover letter and two references to:
Jill Casertano, Director
Boulder Knoll Montessori
660 Boulder Road
Cheshire, CT 06410
Please respect that we do not allow visitors to the school without a scheduled appointment with the director. This is for the safety and privacy of our current families and our staff.